Who else has a stash of little spare sequins that come with sparkly party clothes? Why not turn them into fun accessories? This quick and easy tutorial will make you shimmer for the festive season!
You will need:
- Beads and/or sequins
- A star template
- A needle
- Earring hooks
1. Sew around the star template to make an outline.
2. Fill the star with beads and sequins. Place the larger beads first, the fill any spaces with smaller beads.
3. Cut around the star, being careful not to cut into your stitches.
4. Cut another star the same size.
5. Use blanket stitch to sew to two stars together.
6. Attach the earring hook. Stitch a few times to secure.
7. Make a matching earring and enjoy!
You could alternatively attach a piece of ribbon to make a decoration, or a badge back or safety pin to make a badge. –Vicky