Add some festive charm to your table décor this holiday season with these DIY snowflake coasters – perfect for showcasing those snazzy Christmas cocktails! Quick and easy to make, all you need is a glue gun, a pair of scissors and white pipe cleaners…
- First cut 3 identical lengths of pipe cleaner for the base of the snowflake, 10cm should be about right
- Next cut 6 shorter lengths measuring 5cm
- Then cut another 6 lengths but even shorter still (ideally around 3cm)
- Arrange your 3 longest pieces of pipe cleaner into a star shape and, using the hot glue gun, glue them in place at the centre
- Bend all of the smaller pieces into a ‘V’ shape
- Glue the 6 smallest pieces onto each end of the star to create your snowflake design and the other 6 closer to the centre.
I varied my coasters with some having less pieces. You can also vary the lengths of the pipe cleaner to create different designs, after all every snowflake is unique! – Lucy